The application you have accessed is not registered for use with this service - How to Shibboleth SP Register in IDP

The application you have accessed is not registered for use with this service - How to Shibboleth SP Register in IDP 


This will display following message in browser
The application you have accessed is not registered for use with this service










It means you have to register your shibboleth service provider (my-sp) metadata in shibboleth identity provider (my-idp)

Note: In my shibboleth configuration service provider entity id is my-sp & idp entity id is my-idp. you can find those configuration in following links.

Installation of Shibboleth Service Provider in Ubuntu 18.4 Apache

Shibboleth Identity Provider 3.x Installation on Ubuntu 18.4 Tomcat

Generate Service provider metadata


Save the file generated from above link and copy it to my-idp metadata folder
cp /home/[username]/Downloads/Metadata                /opt/shibboleth-idp/metadata/sp-metadata.xml

Open identity provider's (my-idp) metadata-providers.xml
nano /opt/shibboleth-idp/conf/metadata-providers.xml

Add following lines to the metadata-providers.xml within  <MetadataProvider></MetadataProvider>
<MetadataProvider id="LocalMetadata"  xsi:type="FilesystemMetadataProvider" metadataFile="/opt/shibboleth-idp/metadata/sp-metadata.xml"/>

Quick Test


If your registration of metadata success you will get identity provider's (my-idp) login page
Shibboleth IDP Login Page


















Note: For authentication data configure LDAP or other storage service accordingly 

Comments